Bishops House

 

Bishops' House is a half-timbered house in the Norton Lees district of the City of Sheffield, England. It was built c. 1500[1] and is located on the southern tip of Meersbrook Park. It is one of the three surviving timber-framed houses in the city

 

© Danny Kaye

 

 

 

 

Gallery Details

Bishops House

Meersbrook Park is located approximately 4 kilometres south of Sheffield city centre, on a side road off the main A61 Chesterfield Road. The Meers Brook, which means 'boundary brook' is a tributary of the River Sheaf and in ancient times this, along with the River Sheaf formed the boundary between the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of Northumbria and Mercia.

Photo 1 of 12  

View As Proofsheet