Stock Photo Search:
  Advanced Search Options

Clarendon House, Tasmania

Stock Photography By Rodney Garnett

Clarendon House, near Evandale is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Old Colonial Georgian house in Tasmania. The Grecian Ionic columns rising through two floors add grandeur and a link to classical architecture. Clarendon built in 1838 was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox.

Clarendon House , Evandale,
#537135
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537137
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537136
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538242
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537132
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537133
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537131
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538360
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538358
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537141
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537139
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538357
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538359
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#538356
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537138
© Rodney Garnett
Clarendon House, Evandale,
#537134
© Rodney Garnett

 

Photo Captions for Clarendon House, Tasmania

Image #1. Clarendon House , Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-007]

Image #2. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Gothic styled former toilet block at Clarendon House. Built in 1838 Clarendon is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-016]

Image #3. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-010]

Image #4. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-036]

Image #5. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-001-006 Interactive]

Image #6. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-009]

Image #7. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-017-019 Reposition]

Image #8. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. The stables building with a barn and shepherd's cottage behind. [2009 248D-028]

Image #9. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Detail of window. [2009 248D-031]

Image #10. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Espaliered fruit tree on the kitchen garden wall at Clarendon House built in 1838 by James Cox. [2009 248D-026]

Image #11. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania The service area at Clarendon House defining one side of the enclosed kitchen garden. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox in the 1830s. [2009 248D-027]

Image #12. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Detail of steps leading to the entry portico. [2009 248D-020 1x1]

Image #13. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Guard House near the convict's quarters. [2009 248D-033]

Image #14. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. The steps from the rear of the house leading frm the hall which runs from the main entry doors across the house. [2009 248D-032]

Image #15. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania The service area at Clarendon House built in 1836 by James Cox. This wing defines one side of the kitchen garden. Complete with many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-025 1x2]

Image #16. Clarendon House, Evandale, Tasmania Clarendon House built in 1838 is set in 7 acres of estate on the South Esk River and is arguably the grandest Colonial house in Tasmania. Clarendon was the centre of a large pastoral enterprise developed by James Cox. Complete with servants wing and many farm buildings the House is surrounded by extensive gardens and parklands. [2009 248D-035]

 

Printer-Friendly Version   |   More Photography From Rodney Garnett

[ This Stock Photo Set Has Been Viewed 4562 Times Since The Last Reset ]